Wednesday, March 27, 2013

God Makes Beautiful Things...

This post is one of the most difficult I have ever had to write.  I don't think there are enough words or the right words to describe what is going on in my heart right now.  Heaviness and hope are having a duel to see who can win the bigger piece.

We have come to realize that Sweet Girl (SG) is not finding healing in our home.  For whatever reason we have not been able to provide what she needs to become healthy and whole.  But God.  He chose us to be her parents.  It's not an accident, He knew that we would have this struggle and we wholeheartedly believe that He also equipped us for it.  What does that mean?  We have decided to send SG to a beautiful ranch in Montana... a Christian ministry for adoptive kids.  A place of healing.  Because God has so much more for SG than "survival"... God wants SG to flourish and thrive and live a life that shouts His glory.  But first healing must come.  Or even just begin.

We don't know for sure how long she will be gone.  The ranch recommends one month for every year of life.  For SG this would mean 9-10 months.  During that time we would like to visit at least once.  We will have weekly telephone calls and family therapy sessions. 

I really have so much more to say, but know this, our commitment to and our love for SG is fierce and strong.  I tell her all the time that God chose me to be her mom because I never give up.  I will go to hell and back if there is a chance that it will heal my child.  This decision is painful, but it is also hopeful.  God has BIG plans for SG... to give her a hope and a future.  Plans to give her so much more than mere "survival".

Only God can take nothing and make it something.  Only God can take dust and give it flesh.  God can take mourning and turn it into joy.  God can.  And God will.

Beautiful Things by Gungor

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new


1 comment:

Carpenters said...

That must have been such a difficult decision for your family. Your strength and commitment to Kloe are inspiring. We'll be praying that Kloe finds the healing she needs.