Sunday, June 9, 2013

She's not always smiling... and that is GOOD news!

We had our weekly talk with Sweet Girl's (SG) house parent (aka Angela), and with SG this week.  Angela said that this was the best week SG has had to date.  This is the first time Angela felt that SG was really taking seriously the things that they have been trying to teach her.  She said that this is the first week that SG did not walk around with a smile pasted on her face all day every day.  SIX WEEKS.  That is a long time to be constantly (fake) smiling.   The thing that people often notice about SG when they first meet her is that she has a beautiful smile, and that it is always always on her face.  Then they mistakenly think this means that she is happy.  But it doesn't.  At the Ranch they have seen this before, and they know that the 24/7 smile is not a sign of a happy girl.  It's a sign of a scared girl.  It's a sign of a girl who doesn't identify her feelings.  It's a sign of a girl who doesn't dare show her feelings even if she could identify them. So we were all happy to hear, that at least some of the time this past week, SG felt safe enough NOT to smile.

Please continue to pray for healing for our Sweet Girl.  God has big plans for her!

5 comments:

Carpenters said...

Praise God that the camp is helping Kloe and that she's beginning to feel safe there. We'll continue to pray for her.

sharidragovich said...

This is so great to hear, Renee. You know, people ALWAYS said this about JB, too. "He is such a happy kid! Look at that smile. He must be so happy to be in your family!" Made me want to smack my head! I guess you just don't know what you don't know. The truth was, he was terrified and wounded and hiding behind his smile--unless we were at home and he was screaming and crying at every tiny offense. Took a long time for him to get over that...Praise God that when he smiles now, I see genuine joy. He still reverts back at times--of course! It is all such a process, just like our adoption into Christ!

Still praying fervently for Kloe and your family!

KLT said...

Praising with you!

juniormaster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pamela Nastase said...

Thank You, Jesus! Wow. I just went through Restoring the Foundations and was shocked at how much was rooted in my childhood. Freedom in Jesus--my chains are gone, I've been set free! I found tears. I found emotions. I was able to grieve. And I found safety in the arms of my Papa God. I'm praying all that for Kloe with an understanding I didn't have last month.